11/25/2018

The bus turned to the bus station of Martinlaakso, and I stepped out. Sofia lived near the station, and on the way there I kept glancing around. I saw gray and grimy concrete brutalism everywhere which the faint drizzle only emphasized .Martinlaakso's only gift to the world so far was Formula One driver Mika Häkkinen. A few drunkards were staggering near the station, a grocery store was advertising sausages and diapers in its windows. I never would have thought that a spirit would appear in these kind of surroundings! In my mind's eye, I saw an Indian temple surrounded by amazing, scintillating light, and birds of paradise were singing delightfully. But no - just a lonely crow was scavenging a dustbin tossing mustard- and ketchup-stained wrappings at my feet as I was passing it.

Sofia opened the door, and I was amazed again as I entered. I knew Sofia was a retired nurse but I never thought she would seem so pertinent. Where was the orange robe and the jingling bracelets? The apartment was tidy: no smoking incense, no psychedelic paintings on the wall and no sitar music in the background. Sofia and Anja were still vacuuming, and suddenly I realized that they were not cleaning primarily for me; I heard them talking how everything had to be clean and tidy when Uranus arrives and whether Uranus would like these flowers on the living room table.
Hey, come on, I thought. It's a spirit and it probably won't even see a thing!

At last we were sitting in the living room, and Anja started preparing herself for the sitting. She wasn't wearing a star-embroided robe or a turban on her head either, just jeans and a t-shirt.

Because Anja was completely unconscious during the sitting, and I was a fearful first-timer, Sofia performed as an assistant at the sitting. It was forbidden to touch Anja during the sitting because if you meddled with such a powerful energy, it could even lead to a heart-attack. A candle was burning on the table and a cassette-recorder was ready to record. Sofia told me that it would take around ten minutes for Anja to fall into trance, and we could ask for protection for the sitting in our minds while waiting. She also stressed that after all these years, Uranus felt more real to her than any human being. That's nuts! I thought. Sofia can't even see him!

Anja's head began to droop after a while and her breathing got heavier. The tension kept growing until it felt almost unbearable, even though Anja had been a friend of mine for many years. Suddenly her head lifted up slowly and her jaw started moving from side to side. Her throat was moving as if something had settled there. Anja's hands were resting on her thighs and her right hand fingertips started circling clock-wise forming a small circle. A moment passed and a cough was heard; that was the agreed signal to start the recording:

- With love I greet you, with love and truth, and truth I want to set between us. Please, the word is yours, a snarling and robotic voice began.

                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment